2014 Toyota Etios Liva And Etios Sedan Indian version details
1937 Japanese entrepreneur Kiichiro Toyoda founded Toyota Motors as a part of his business. Since then the company has went on to become the biggest auto maker in the world, by production and employ more than 330,000 people worldwide. It also has the distinction of building the bestselling car of all time, the ‘Corolla’ sedan. It is also the first company to build more than 10 million vehicles per year. In 1997, Toyota formally entered the Indian automobile market. For operation in the Indian market Toyota formed a joint venture with the Kirloskar group, known as the Toyota Kirloskar Pvt. Ltd. Now after almost two decades after its entry, Toyota holds a decent position in the Indian soil and is the fourth biggest automaker in the country. After building and selling some of its well known global models like ‘Corolla’ and ‘Camry’ where the repair can be easily done in chimeramotors.com, Toyota focused on developing models keeping in mind the preferences of Indian customers and the company has been successful in this regard. One such bright example is the ‘Etios’ range of cars. The range consists of subcompact sedans and hatchbacks that were made especially for the Indian market. The sedan version was launched in 2010, followed by the hatchback version called the ‘Etios Liva’. After the success of the model, Toyota began selling the model in countries like Brazil, South Africa and Indonesia. Despite competition on both the sedan and hatchback segment from renowned brands like Ford, Hyundai , Maruti Suzuki , Honda etc. , the models have managed to sell in impressive numbers. In 2013, Toyota added some interior and enhancements to the range. Now for the 2014 model year, Toyota has decided to face lift both the ‘Etios’ and the ‘Etios Liva’. The face lift will contain only cosmetic changes and no change on the mechanical front. Toyota cars were accused of being somewhat bland in style and now the makers are looking to address the issue. Toyota has already announced the prices. The sedan will still be powered by a DOHC 1.5 liter petrol engine and a D-4D 1.4 liter Diesel engine. The hatchback will get a 1.2 liter petrol engine and the same diesel engine as the sedan.
- Stylish new front radiator grille
- New ORVM ( electric adjustment ) with turn indicator (integrated)
- New attractive pearl white body color exclusively for the model
- New armrest with wooden finish for extra comfort
- Alloy wheels with 12 spoke design
- Door handles with chrome plating
- New premium quality fabric for the seats. Driver seat has height adjustment function.
- LCD screen with combimeter and digital clock
- Additional 2 speakers for the rear in addition to the front speakers for enhanced sound effect.
- High quality 2 DIN audio system with functions like Bluetooth, remote control and USB Aux –in.
- Steering wheel with audio controls mounted in them
- glove box with cooling feature
- SRS bags in the front for both driver and passenger. The bags are standardized across grades.
- Reverse parking sensors for convenience
- Alert/ warning system for open door, seatbelt, and headlamp.
If you are not satisfied with the standard features and is looking for more, do not worry as Toyota is also offering additional appearance packages for the face lifted model.
Real Luxury collection package for Etios sedan
- chrome garnish for the tail lamp
- Chrome garnish for the rear door
- Wooden finish for the gear knob
- Stylish headlamps with chrome garnish
- Chrome Garnish for the side mirrors
- Chrome plated side visor
Décor Collection for Etios Liva hatchback
- Visor for the side door
- Chrome molding for the side doors
- Special protector for the bumper corners
- Spoiler on the roof
- Comfortable car cushions and cover for the steering wheel.