- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male):-Shah Rukh Khan – My Name Is Khan
- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female):-Kajol – My Name Is Khan
- Best Film:-Dabangg
- Best Director:Karan Johar – My Name Is Khan
- Best Film (Critics):-Udaan
- Best Actor Male (Critics):-Rishi Kapoor – Do Dooni Chaar
- Best Actor Female (Critics):-Vidya Balan (Ishqiya)
- Best Actor In Supporting Role (Male):-Ronit Roy – Udaan
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female):-Kareena Kapoor – We Are Family
- Best Sensational Debut (Male):-Ranveer Singh – Band Bajaa Baaraat
- Best Sensational Debut (Female):-Sonakshi Sinha – Dabangg
- Best Debut Director:-Maneesh Sharma (Band Baaja Baraat)
- Best Playback Singer (Male):-Rahat Fateh Ali Khan – Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (Ishqiya)
- Best Playback Singer (Female):-Mamta Sharma – Munni Badnaam Hui (Dabangg) ,Sunidhi Chauhan – Sheila Ki Jawani (Tees Maar Khan)
- Best Story:-Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane – Udaan
- Best Music:-Sajid – Wajid & Lalit Pandit (Dabangg)
- Best Lyrics:-Gulzar – Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji (Ishqiya)
- Best Dialogue:-Habib Faisal – Band Baaja Baaraat
- Best Choreography:-Farah Khan – Sheila Ki Jawani (Tees Maar Khan)
- Best Action:-Vijayan Master – Dabangg
- Best Screenplay:-Vikramaditya Motwane and Anurag Kashyap – Udaan
- Best Background Score:-Amit Trivedi – Udaan
- Best Costumes:-Varsha Shilpa – Do Dooni Chaar
- Best Editing:-Namrata Rao – Love Sex Aur Dhokha
- Best Cinematography:-Mahendra Shetty – Udaan
- Best Sound Design:-Pritam Das – Love Sex Aur Dhokha,Kunal Sharma – Udaan
- Best Production Design:-Mukund Gupta – Do Dooni Chaar
- R. D. Burman Music Award :- Sneha Khanwalkar – Love Sex Aur Dhokha
- Sony Best Scene Of The Year:-Golmaal 3
- Lifetime Achievement Award:-Manna Dey
- 40 Years Of Greatness Award:-Amitabh Bachchan
Washington, Sept 2 (ANI): Brit singer Kelly Osbourne has said that daily cardio has helped her hit the Emmy Awards red carpet looking slimmer than ever.
The actress landed on the Emmy Awards red carpet in a black, form-fitting Tony Ward gown on Sunday.
“Ever since Dancing with the Stars, I’ve tried to get in at least a half hour of cardio a day–nothing too crazy,” People Magazine quoted her as saying.
“My trainer Sarah Hagaman is amazing! She knows how to motivate me to go that extra bit without frustrating me,” she added.
The actress hit Hagaman’s Blue Clay Fitness gym four times a week. (ANI)
London, Aug 31 (ANI): Oscar-winner Nicolas Cage is set to star in a new Bollywood gangster movie, according to reports.
According to sources, the actor will headline Broken Horses, directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and a remake of Chopra”s 1989 movie Parinda.
“Vidhu is currently in Los Angeles, working on for Broken Horses. Cage has been confirmed for one of the leading roles just a few days ago,” the Daily Express quoted a source as saying.
The actor won”t need to pick up any new languages for the role – or even travel very far – Chopra recently revealed his latest project will be shot in the U.S. and in English.
He said: “In September, I will start shooting Broken Horses in the U.S. It will be an English film and will be for the world audience. I have done Hindi films, now I am doing English and after this I may do a Hindi film again.” (ANI)
Nevada (US), Aug 30 (ANI): Noted religious statesman Rajan Zed was bestowed with prestigious “Vishwa Nagarik Adhikar Hindu Shiromani Puraskar” (Global Civil Rights Hindu Jewel Award) in California Hinduism Summit in Sunnyvale on August 28.
Zed”s award citation said: For consistently, bravely and selflessly taking up human/civil rights issues worldwide in the spirit of Hinduism.
Rajan Zed is a well-known religious statesman who has taken up Hindu, interfaith, religion, environment, Roma and other causes all over the world. He read the groundbreaking first Hindu opening prayer in United States Senate, besides various state legislatures and city councils across USA. He is one of the panelists for “On Faith”, an interactive conversation on religion produced jointly by Newsweek and washingtonpost.com. He has received “World Interfaith Leader Award” and various other honors. He is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, Chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, Director of Interfaith Relations of Nevada Clergy Association, Spiritual Advisor to National Association of Interchurch and Interfaith Families, Senior Fellow and Religious Advisor of Foundation for Interreligious Diplomacy, etc.
Prominent Hindu leaders and activists from various parts of USA and Canada gathered in Sunnyvale Hindu Temple in California on August 28 to discuss current issues facing the worldwide Hindu community. Starting with conch blowing, California Hinduism Summit, first such gathering in the western USA, also conferred on topics like Hinduism preservation and unity, science behind Hinduism, Hindu living and concepts and spirituality, maintaining Hindu identity, clearing misconceptions, etc. Exhibition of Hindu living and spiritual practices was also organized on the occasion. It also honored Dr. Mihir Meghani and Easan Katir with Vishwa Hindu Ratna awards on the occasion.
According to Forum for Hindu Awakening, one of the Summit coordinators, the Summit received blessings of various prominent living Hindu saints of India.
Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world, has about one billion adherents and moksh (liberation) is its ultimate goal.(ANI)
Las Vegas (Nevada, US0, Aug.24 (ANI): Jimena Navarrete, a 22-year-old brunette from Mexico, was crowned Miss Universe at the contest in Las Vegas on Monday.
The first runner-up was Miss Jamaica, Yendi Phillipps, while Miss Australia, Jesinta Campbell, was the second runner-up.
Navarrete, a nature enthusiast from Guadalajara, defeated favorites from Ireland, the Philippines and Venezuela to become the 59th winner of the crown that was broadcast live around the world.
She received the crown from reigning Miss Universe Stefania Fernandez, Venezuela”s second winner in as many years.
In a major shock, this year”s Miss Venezuela failed to make it past the first cut, when the 83 contestants were whittled down to 15. Miss USA, another favored contender, was also eliminated at the outset.
Miss Universe is an annual international beauty contest run by the Miss Universe Organization.
The pageant is one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world with 600 million viewers.
The contest was founded in 1952 by California clothing company Pacific Mills. The pageant became part of Kayser-Roth and then Gulf and Western Industries, before being acquired by Donald Trump in 1996.
In 1998, Miss Universe changed its name from Miss Universe, Inc. to Miss Universe Organization and the headquarters moved from Long Beach, Los Angeles to New York City that year.
Donald Trump brought in a new team of professionals to the contest headed by its new CEO, Molly Miles, and president Maureen Reidy.
Miles coined the slogan “Redefined for Today” for promotion of the pageants. That year, the new Miss Universe logo was born: The Woman with the Stars, which is still used today. (ANI)
London, Aug 14 (ANI): AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine, KISS, and Slash are leading the nominations for the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour awards, with two nods each.
They are up against Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and Jeff Beck in the best band category, reports the BBC.
Sixteen artists are nominated for album of the year including Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, The Scorpions and Foreigner.
The awards, hosted by Alice Cooper, take place in London on 10 November.
The event, at the Roundhouse, will also feature live performances from Cheap Trick and Alter Bridge. (ANI)