How to Fight Off Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is one of the bad effects that ail people today. It clogs arteries and causes heaps of trouble. Various foods are falling under the list having high Cholesterol, including Orange juice. It is hard for people to eat any food outside nowadays as most of them are loaded with cholesterol. However, if a person takes the necessary precautions he or she can manage to get rid of high cholesterol. These have been used by people for centuries to protect themselves from the draconian cholesterol levels. Cholesterol affects the heart and hence one must need to take care of it before anything serious happens.
First of all, we should know what cholesterol really is. Not all type of cholesterol is unhealthy. Sometimes even unsaturated fats are not seen as dangers. Eliminating carbohydrates and trans fats from various grains like pasta, soda, desserts and bread can lead to a drop in the level of normal cholesterol of a person. These people can eat foods like eggs, red meat, butter and cream without seeing much rise in the level of cholesterol. This turns a question to the lipid hypotheses. It states that dietary cholesterol is the main reason behind the heart diseases and the clogging of arteries. Eating loads of omelets also lead to the rise of cholesterol and leads to inflammation. Cholesterol levels generally go up due to the rise of the level of trans fat in the body and also processed carbohydrates. If a person is keen on lowering the level of cholesterol he must improve upon his health and in turn reduce the risk of a heart attack. Hence, a person should reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the body and increase the amount of good cholesterol.
There are certain foods that will help a person to balance the level of cholesterol in the body. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Grains: people who will guide you to lower the cholesterol levels will always tell you to consume whole grains rather the refined ones. This is due to the type of carbohydrates that the person intakes. Whole grains are healthier than processed grains. Hence a person must stop the starchy diet and eat lots of whole grains to reduce the cholesterol level. a person must reduce the inflammation occurring in the body. It is very good for the heart and also does well to the health.
- Fruits: One should eat lots of fruits. Moreover, one should avoid eating desserts and candies at all costs. Eating sweet fruits also does not lead to the rise of cholesterol level. However, fruit juices must not be taken. Fruits have lots of fiber that are very good for the stomach. Having juice is equal to having sugar water.
- Vegetables: One should add loads of vegetables in the diet. Ideal ones are bell peppers, broccoli and chili peppers. Moreover, daily exercise also is necessary.
- In order to increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body one must take good helpings of nut oils, avocados, nuts and olive oils. This too is important as some amount of goods cholesterol is necessary for the proper working of the body.
- One should stop having regular eggs and have eggs enhanced with DHA. These are readily available in the market and are affordable as well.
- One should also include wild fishes in the diet. Ones like wild mackerel, Salmon and sardines are very good. They will supply the body with Omega 3 and hence are very healthy. Wild fish are not exposed to chemicals and hence fresh and healthy.
- Eating garlic and onions too reduce cholesterol level to a great extent.